What is After Literature?
After Literature is a registered arts charity, run by writers for writers.
We have two principal objectives; firstly, to foster and facilitate a virtual community which will actively support and encourage talented authors in the writing process; secondly, to raise our authors’ visibility by showcasing and promoting their finished work.
Authors will be given the opportunity to revise and refine their work in a sympathetic but rigorous workshop environment, based on constructive criticism and positive suggestions received from fellow-writers and readers.
Authors will be able to anthologise their completed pieces in personalised Portfolios.
We will also prominently feature on our Home page writing which has been selected by the editors as demonstrating exceptional quality.
Our style will be collaborative and open, with as much active member participation as possible, and as few rules as possible.
Our general workflow is:
- Critique – Post a piece of your original writing (poetry, prose, play, essay, opinion, etc.) to Critique. We are quite happy to accept work you have submitted elsewhere, as long as you have retained the rights.
- Feedback – Spend some time considering the feedback from our members.
- Iterate – Post a follow-up (or not).
- Lather, rinse, repeat – Continue working on the piece until you have a version you feel is ready for publication.
- Portfolio – Post the publication-ready piece to your portfolio. It will then be eligible to appear on our home page and in any future print publication.
If you are interested in joining us in what we hope will turn out to be a (ad)venture which will prove exhilarating, congenial and fruitful, we’d love to hear from you.